38Ms

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Ice Breaker - After Action Review

Ok, so much so for our little bonding session. I suppose some effort has been put into this but things just didn't turn out the way it should be, judging from the unplayed "taboo" and the fact we had to ask the freshies what they wanted to do.

But ah well, here's my little 5cents worth.

In the words of Ujin (or probably someone else, but I'm pretty sure its Ujin):
"Perhaps we're trying too hard"

I mean its great we're giving them the opportunity to interact and get to know each other during the second week of practice, but to ask them to organize a get-together outing? Isn't it a bit too errr soon for such commitment?

At this rate, we're gonna scare away the freshies faster than we can say "So, who wants to volunteer?" I mean its like only their second session with us and we're showing them that we dunno what to do and they should help us do something about it. Currently, I don't think they're obliged to do anything for us just yet, seriously.

Anyway, we shouldn't assume they would be as enthusiastic as us, even our enthusiasm didn't happen overnight. Took us a lot of effort, sweat, embarrassment and noise making before we're what we are now. Perhaps we should stop testing their commitment and just do what we do best, jam together.

Speaking of jamming together, I think this batch is actually quite good. Maybe we should get them to play together as a group more on Reggae now, since that's the only song they know so far in entirity. Let them get used to playing together and allow them to understand what playing samba is all about, group synergy. Maybe after they know Reggae well enough, then we can start teaching them other songs.

It's a bit pointless to be showing them bits and pieces of all the songs we know, in fact I think it might even overwhelm them and scare them away. Didn't take us just 5 sessions to know all the songs we know now anyway also.

So yeah, we should just do what we do best. I think that's what the freshies want when they joined us in the first place.

-Z

oh yeah, upload photos pls! whoever took any today. (Ujin and Yanni dun run :P)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home